What do we do?
We offer a range of audio/visual services to the creative arts domain…
- From supplying a small screen and a projector for a film screening, right through to planning and installing large scale art installations and exhibitions for international artists.
- From zoom recording and filming of presentations, through to outdoor projections of creative content and ‘pop-up’ cinema.
- From video editing and audio recording, through to surround sound installations and projection mapping.
- From media player programming and playback, through to live sound engineering of complex artists’ performances.
Whatever your creative needs, we are experienced in giving advice and support to help realise your artistic vision for your project, big or small.
What can we offer?
- Supply and delivery of a wide range of audio/visual equipment to hire and for sale.
- Advice and support to help realise your artistic project, from start to finish.
- Installation, maintenance and support for a wide range of audio/visual equipment, from simple to complex.
- Research of new technologies suitable for a particular project.
More about us…
Lumen: audio / visual / arts based in Leeds, UK. Established in 2001.
We hire out audio/visual equipment and we hire out technicians with a range of skills; sound engineers, projectionists, gallery and museum installation and video technicians. But these are services that most audio/visual companies can provide. We like to do more than this.
We specialise in working with artists and creative organisations. We offer advice to help introduce technical planning at an early stage, to try and imagine what something might look like, or sound like, and how that might be achieved. We offer hands on support for artists to help them create their work, teach them how to capture sound or edit video, so that next time they might have the skills to do this for themselves.
Crucially, we are non-judgemental. We encourage people to have ideas, and we don’t let ‘the way we would do it’ restrain their way of working. We help them find the right technical solution for whatever the artistic application. All our technicians come from a range of backgrounds, and also have their own artistic practice as projection/video artists, sound artists or musicians.
Lumen does not have shareholders, all of our staff are paid a fair living wage, and we make collective decisions about how our organisation operates. Profits our company generates are invested in our equipment, people and resources. This means we can try and keep our hire prices below commercial rates and offer discounts to any creative/arts organisations or individuals. We also programme and commission artistic work and artist film projects.